Safe for all wheels. Spray on, hose off. 6 per case.
Meguiar’s Hot Rims All Wheel and Tire Cleaner is designed to be safe on all clear coated wheels and wash grime with ease, leaving behind not only clean wheels, but clean tire sidewalls as well. Its unique foaming solution, Xtreme Cling is designed to cling to vertical surfaces and break down stubborn road residue from both metal and rubber. With Meguiar’s Hot Rims All Wheel and Tire Cleaner, car lovers can feel the satisfaction of a deep cleaning session by watching the Xtreme Cling solution foam, turning from white to brown as it grabs all brake dust build up and grime. What’s more, this unique product is safe to use on all factory-coated wheels, taking the stress of finding the right wheel cleaner out of the equation.
Before Cleaning the Wheels
Know that there is a variety: The first step in wheel care is recognizing that not all wheels are made the same. Wheels are made from different types of materials and coatings. The product used on the wheels is determined by the surface which can range anywhere from chrome, powder coated, painted, to polished aluminum and many more.
Identify what is being driven on: The next step is to determine what kind of wheels on the vehicle. Most wheels that come with a factory-purchased vehicle are clear coated wheels. However if they have been replaced with aftermarket wheels, find out the surface material by contacting the manufacturer. Some wheels may even be coated with two or three different types of coatings, depending on how customized they are.
Choosing The Right Wheel Cleaner
When using a wheel cleaner to remove brake dust and grime there are three products Meguiar’s that are available to choose from: Meguiar’s Hot Rims Aluminum Wheel Cleaner, Meguiar’s Hot Rims All Wheel and Tire Cleaner, and Meguiar’s Hot Rims Chrome Wheel Cleaner. Meguiar’s Hot Rims Aluminum Wheel Cleaner is safe for uncoated or polished aluminum, anodized and powder coated wheels. This is the safest Meguiar’s wheel cleaner and is also recommended if the wheel type cannot be determined. Meguiar’s Hot Rims All Wheel and Tire Cleaner is safe for all factory coated wheels. Meguiar’s Hot Rims Chrome Wheel Cleaner is specifically designed for all chrome plated wheels, and is sure to give a mirror-like finish.
Knowing the Consequences of Choosing the Incorrect Wheel Cleaner
Using the wrong product with the wrong surface can potentially cause permanent damage to the surface of the wheels, brake or even suspension components. Make sure to read the label on any product used and check that it is meant to work with the wheels’ surface. If unsure of the wheel type and unable to contact the manufacturer, start with the most gentle wheel cleaner and testing a small area.
Applying Meguiar’s Hot Rims All Wheel and Tire Cleaner
For best results, apply in a well-ventilated area, one wheel at a time. It is not safe for motorcycle wheels or aftermarket, painted or colored brake components.
- 1. Rinse wheel thoroughly with cold water.
- 2. Coat wheels and tires with Meguiar’s Hot Rims All Wheel and Tire Cleaner holding bottle 6-8 inches away. Coat one wheel at a time.
- 3. Wait 15 seconds to allow foaming cleaners to penetrate and dissolve build-up. For heavy build-up, agitate surface with brush.
- 4. Rinse thoroughly with water.
- 5. Dry wheel with a clean towel or premium microfiber.
- Xtreme Cling foam vigorously clings to vertical surfaces and dissolves brake dust and grime
- Safe and effective on factory painted and clear coated rims, and tires as well
- Visually see dirt and grime lifting off the wheel & tire
- Easy to use and convenient trigger spray, spray-on and hose-off with water
- Leaves rims with a brilliant shine while effectively cleaning